Saturday, January 11, 2014

First

First quilt top finish of the year, which is also my first BOM finish, and my first sampler quilt finish.

As always, taking pictures of the finished quilt top required my assistants.  First, Tucker stretched out on it and determined it would serve as a yoga mat:


Then Sophie tested it to make sure that she could properly clean her face on it:


Only then was I allowed to release a picture for public consumption:


This is the 2012 Designer Mystery Block of the Month that was offered by the Fat Quarter Shop.  The fabric is Vintage Modern by Bonnie & Camille, and it has a great summertime vibe to it.

Here are some of my favourite blocks:



Next up, I will be making a baby quilt for someone I work with.  She's having a boy -- I love it when we know the gender of a baby ahead of time! -- so I have some nice blues picked out from the Salt Air collection from Cosmo Cricket.  Now I just have to decide on a pattern.

Have a great weekend!!




No comments:

Post a Comment